Friday, April 15, 2016

It's Not Easy Being Me- My Five Minute Friday

Let me preface this by saying, I did not set the timer today. This took me longer than five! It made me think though and I hope it will encourage someone, somewhere, to be who they are meant to be. Blessings and peace!


It's not easy being me
Towering over like a tall, tall tree
Standing up and standing out
Everyone notices you whether you
want them to or not

It's not easy being me
Being over forty, no longer twenty
Needing glasses to drive, but not to read
My whole body changing, just not what
it used to be

It's not easy being me
Single and without children,
only an extended family
Eating not once or twice,
but many times alone
It's just not easy being me

But being tall makes things easier to reach
If I gain a few pounds, no matter
I can still look skinny

And growing older makes me wiser
I've slowed down and more often
take in the scene

Yet being single, well,
let me stop and think
Yes in this quiet I have more time
and space for that
I am thinking I could reach out more
and choose when and with whom to eat

I could wish to be shorter, younger or married
I could wish for many different things, but why wish,
when being taller and older is who I was made to be?
Being single and watching others has taught me
The grass is not always greener on sides facing me

Living is not meant to be easy.
It's meant to grow us up and teach us how to see
See with new eyes the life we are meant to lead.

To check out what others are saying go towww.katemotaung.com

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I love your poem. I read a quote at one time about if you think the grass is greener, that's the Holy Spirit telling you to take care of your own yard. Thank you for sharing! Visiting from FMF #29

    ReplyDelete