Saturday, August 29, 2015

Alone -Five Minute Friday

Alone I rise, alone I sit

Alone I journey, taking everything in

Alone one man or woman can change it all for everyone

a legacy of hope or pain they may leave behind

Alone they are one, reaching, inviting, rallying

with others they become many

Jesus the Christ, Mussolini, Mother Theresa, Adolf Hitler

Who we are when we're alone will be seen by many

What kind of legacy will we leave?

Alone, one force, one purpose 

one focus alone to lead us to heaven or hell

Hope or despair, alone we can choose

STOP

Each week I sit alone with my i-phone stop watch to write out what comes to mind after reflecting upon the one word prompt. Many of us do this each week and then we come together sharing our thoughts and insights. To see what others have been doing with their five minutes alone, check out



1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. I loved your reflection. thank you for sharing it. its true how one moment or a choice that we make can affect so many, not just us. thank you for making me think about the legacy that i might leave, i hope it points to HIM and not me.

    ReplyDelete