Friday, June 5, 2015

Gift- Five Minute Friday on Friday

So I actually managed to find time and write something on Friday. I so wish I had more than 5 minutes to write for this week's prompt. It stirs so many images and experiences within me. Here are a just a few of them.

"Take it as a gift," my instructor called out to me. Amber was zippy. There was no need for spurs or a crop that night. She trotted along the rail of the arena. Rhythmically, I stayed in sync with her. It was smooth and easy. It was a great ride!

Gifts we are given, we need to receive and do something with. If it sits on a shelf or at a distance, it is of no use. There is no living pleasure then.

My new dad, Guy, was a gift in my life more than 25 years ago. He was strong and he was gentle. I found safety and a man I could trust enough to follow his lead.


STOP



Check out what others are saying at www.katemotaung.com

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing two of your gifts with us and for the reminder that our gifts are never given to us only for our benefit. Glad you found some time to write. :-) Visiting from FMF. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe it was that long ago. Always remember you were also a gift to us. we were and are still blessed by having you as part of our family. Love you much.

    ReplyDelete