Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Follow- My Five Minute Friday on Wednesday

It's that time of year again when everything picks up both inside and out. So here I am on Wednesday posting for last week's FMF prompt.

 For those who don't and are curious, FMF is a community of writers that come together every week to read Kate's prompt on her website and write for five minutes about it. There is no editing, just you, the one word prompt, and a timer. I joined last year sometime and have found it to be both uplifting and challenging. It has helped me to get back into writing on a  regular basis and allows me to receive feedback after I have posted.

To see what others are doing with the prompt, you can check out www.katemotaung.com.

 Kate posts a new prompt every late Thursday evening and then the postings begin. If you are a writer or even if you aren't one, I encourage you to join the fun!

Now for last Friday's prompt- FOLLOW

Fall just behind


Others who

Lead

Letting them 

Open doors to a 

World we long to live in

I think of some of history's greatest leaders like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Gandhi, Alice Waters, FDR, and Eleanor. I think of the people who chose to follow them. They had a vision for the kind of life and world they desired to create for all to live in.

I think of Jesus who said, "Come follow me."

STOP

1 comment:

  1. I really like this concept of leadership and following! So often we are so concentrated on imitating that we don't even see the doors that the ones ahead are opening for us. Just lovely! Thank you. Visiting from FMF

    ReplyDelete